If you are Selling or Buying a Home CALL LINDA HINDLEY at (323) 610-6070
Blog Posts By Category
Subscribe: Get One Update a Day w/ new Posts
Recent Blog Posts
- Craft and Folk Art Museum Offers Summer Camp for Ages 5-12
- Tobey C. Moss Gallery on Beverly Blvd Presents ‘The Photographic Eye’ Reception: Saturday, May 25 4-7 pm
- The Ebell Offers A Photo Organization Workshop & Photo Book Workshop
- Craft and Folk Art Museum (CAFAM) Offers ‘This Is Not A Silent Movie: Four Contemporary Alaska Native Artists’ May 26 – September 8, 2013
- Barnsdall Friday Wine Tastings are starting May 24th!
- Chevalier’s Books Presents April Peveteaux at a Book Signing Sunday May 19, 12-2 PM
Category Archives: Things To Do
Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts In Beverly Hills Presents U.S. Premiere of Il Teatro alla Moda – Theater in Fashion thru November 13
|November 2, 2011 12:00 pm||to||November 15, 2011 6:00 pm|
Il Teatro alla Moda – Theater in Fashion is currently at The Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts in Beverly Hills through November 13. It is the premiere of the first exhibition to explore Italy’s famous haute couture designers and their impact on the stages of opera, dance and theater. Over 80 costumes, sketches and drawings from Giorgio Armani, Roberto Capucci, Enrico Coveri, Fendi, Alberta Ferretti, Romeo Gigli, Antonio Marras, Missoni, Emanuel Ungaro, Valentino and Gianni Versace will be on display in Beverly Hills to celebrate the current transformation of the Italian Renaissance Beverly Hills Post Office into a distinctive performing arts venue and to honor the designers’ contributions to the performing arts.
Never mind that The Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts, the show’s presenter, is still under construction. Rather than wait to showcase the world of opera, theater and dance, the arts center opted to put on this over-the-top exhibition of intricately beaded and bejeweled, hand-painted and embroidered theatrical costumes right now in Beverly Hills.